A Half-Day Visit to the Highlights of Qom
- Duration (Hour)4
- Departure PointAt your accommodation
- Visiting Hazrat-e Masumeh Shrine in Qom.
- Visiting the old bazaar of Qom and buying turquoise breeds specially made in Qom.
- Visiting Astaneh Museum adjacent to the shrine.
- Package 1
Select Preferred Date
Group Size And Pricing
Hotel drop off
Hotel pick up
Food and Drink
As one of the centers of Shia Islam, Qom has been a place of pilgrimage since 17th century. The holy shrine of Fatima Masumeh in Qom is the second important religious attraction in Iran. Hosting a great number of pilgrims annually, the shrine also has architectural significance boasting a golden dome, exquisite tiles and delicate inscriptions of Quranic verses. The attached museum is also worth visiting which displays a collection of items dating from the pre-Islamic and Islamic eras. Aside from its religious importance, Qom is also architecturally significant. In this tour, we will also visit the old bazaar of Qom to soak up the Safavid architecture.
What To Expect
Your private guide will take you to the holy shrine of Fatima Masumeh and telks about the history, architecture and decoration of the shrine. Then, as your next destination, you will visit the museum of the Holy Shrine, known as Astaneh. This two-floor museum, established in 1936, presents a collection of historical items ranging from the 17th century carpets and rugs, hand-written Qurans, miniatures, wooden artwork, glassware, potteries dating back to the first and second millennium BC to the tomb stones of the former princesses of Iran. On our guided tour, you will save a lot of time while receiving a full description of the items and highlights represented in the museum. Finally, we head for the traditional bazaar of Qom to visit its delicate architecture and find about its unique handicraft, namely colorful breeds (Qom technique), as Qom is the main producer of this ancient art in Iran.
- The pickup point of this tour depends on the place of your accommodation.
- You can order this tour to be added to the IKA pickup/drop off service to/from Isfahan, Qom and Kashan.
- The opening hours of the museum are 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM on business days and from 8:00 AM to 12:00 on Fridays.
- Bookings missed or cancelled within determined hours will incur a strike against participants as below charges:
- Before 48 hrs: 25%
- Before 24 hrs: 50%
- Within 24 hrs: non-refundable