4 Days of Wildlife Adventure in Iran
- Duration (Day)4 Day(s)
- Departure PointTehran, at your accommodation
- • Visiting Golestan National Park and its endemic flora and fauna
- • Visiting Turan National Park and its endemic flora and fauna
- • Visiting Miankaleh International Peninsula (Wildlife Refuge) and its endemic flora and fauna
- • Visiting Dasht-e-Naz Wildlife Refuge and its endemic flora and fauna
- • Exploring Ashuradeh island in Caspian sea
- • Experiencing local houses and local foods
Photos of the Tour
- Package 1
Select Preferred Date
Group Size And Pricing
Food and Drink
Local Tour Guide
Hotel pick up
Hotel drop off
Traditional Hotels and Resorts
Nature tours of Iran inevitably include historical and cultural landmarks, as the remnants of ancient Persia are spread all over the country. We embark on the tour in Tehran, arrive at Damghan and passing through some great waterfalls and valleys, arrive at Gorgan. After visiting all the places on our itinerary, the tour ends in Tehran. On this 4-day tour we will see the variety of endemic flora and fauna of the areas included in our package, look for a Persian leopard – in danger of extinction – and watch the pretty rare birds.
What To Expect
We commence our tour from Tehran. Driving 7 hours we arrive at Qaleh-ye Bala, Damghan. Here we visit Tarikhane mosque, the oldest mosque of Iran, stroll around the region and rest in a local house at the first night.
On the second day, we leave for Delbar park ranger station and explore Turan National Park and Wildlife Refuge in search of the Persian onager (Persian zebra), ibexe and Persian ground jay which is endemic to Iran (an official permission is required for entry). We will enjoy eating lunch in nature, and after a brief repose we shall continue towards Golestan National Park (an official permission is required for entry). After 3 hours we will arrive at Tangrah village to eat dinner and take a rest in a local house.
Third day will start by moving towards Gorgan where we visit Ghorogh Jungle Park and the captive red deer. Arriving at Bandar-e-Torkman port we leave for Ashooradeh island by motorboat. Lunch will be served at a seafood restaurant or at a local house. We will go to the Miankaleh International Peninsula for birdwatching. Continuing toward Behshahr city it will be possible to visit Abbasabad lake in the spring and summer. We will take a rest at the Morvarid hotel in Behshahr or the treehouses of Koomeh eco lodges in Khalilshar.
On the fourth day, two hours after heading back to Tehran, we will stop to visit Dasht-e Naz Wildlife Refuge in the city of Sari. Captive Persian fallow deer is the highlighted species there. Lunch will be served in Sari and we will be back in Tehran at night.
- As the operation of wildlife tours requires obtaining special government permits for IranRoute, please allow 3 months from the time of booking to the tour's initiation date.
- Cancellation of booked tours 3-2 months prior to the start of the tour will be refunded with a 25% deduction of the booking price. Cancellations made 2-1 months prior to the start of the tour will also be refunded with a deduction of 25% from the booking price. In the event of cancellations under 1 month prior to the trip, no amount of the booking price will be refunded.